How To Get a Facebook Email Address Account
today when i’m logging to my account on facebook, i found something new on my message. this is not a private message from others users but this something make me interest that facebook allow you attach file such as word, pdf, ppt, and not only that. Recently, Facebook has activated a service which lets you sign up (free of charge) for a Facebook email address account (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is a web-based email service which offers almost the same options and features we can find in other webmail providers such as Yahoo Mail and Google Mail, for example. However, differently from them, the Facebook user will have less options. In fact, you will be able to send emails and messages but the mail interface misses some important elements such as subject, cc and bbc etc. Facebook email is designed for Facebook users and aims to improve and enhance the way users interact with each others. (also see Facebook chat). This simple tutorial will you how to sign up to this service and get a free email@example.com email address.
So, if you want to sign up to the new Facebook service and obtain a free Facebook email account, follow these simple steps:
- Login your Facebook personal page and right after that, click here to open request page.
- At this point, click the Request Invite button located at the bottom right side of the page. After that you will receive a notification like that: “You will receive an Invite soon”. Remember to be patient because. It could take a few days before receiving a confirmation which will allow you to sign up to the service since a lot of users are applying for it.
- Wait for approval.
- Once you get the approval, go to Messages in your Facebook account in order to activate the email address feature. (Messages is located on the left sidebar in your main page profile).
- Now, you have to choose your username. If you have set a unique one, then your email will be something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not set any username, then you will have to set up a custom one. After that you will have to repeat the steps above in order to get your email.
- At this point you will be able to reply the question: “What is my Facebook email address?” since you will now have a custom email address directly from your favorite social network!
What follows is brief list of features available in your Facebook email:
* Control who can send you messages and emails through the new settings interface.
* Messages from unknown users and bulk emails will automatically go to the Other folder.
* Spam messages will be automatically hidden without anything to do on your side.
* Bare-bone interface. No subject and no cc. Just concentrate on your message.